Yoga & Meditation 2-Day Retreat
Green Gulch Farm Zen Center - Muir Beach, California
July 28 - 29, 2018
Immerse in your practice with Pradeep for two blissful days at Green Gulch Farm, part of the San Francisco Zen Center. Also known as the Green Dragon Temple, this beautiful site is a practicing Buddhist Zen center throughout much of the year. For the weekend of July 28 - 29th, 2018, Green Gulch will open its doors to Pradeep and friends for a weekend of deep practice, meditation, mindfulness, and community. This is a fantastic opportunity to stay on-site at an active meditation center and turn your practice inward.
Schedule Saturday July 28th
9:30 - 11:30 Vinyasa Power Flow. The morning session will be a strong and sweaty flow in typical Pradeep style (unlikely that it will end promptly at 11:30).
12:15 - 3:30 Lunch and Free Time. We will join the greater Green Gulch community for a delicious organic and vegetarian lunch. Green Gulch is famous for its fresh breads, baked in the Tassajara Bakery tradition, and you will have the opportunity to order loaves to take home.
After lunch, you will have time to stroll down to the beach, hike the headlands, or enjoy the onsite working farm and lush gardens. For those of you green-thumbed yogis among us, there is also a nursery selling plants and seedlings if you are interested. Muir Beach is an easy 15-20 minute walk along a flat dirt path. Be sure to bring a blanket and sunhat, or sweaters, depending on the weather and potential coastal fog.
3:30 - 5:30 Steady Flow. Our afternoon session will be a somewhat gentler vinyasa, and we will close with meditation and chanting.
6:00 Dinner. We will return to the community dining room for another healthy, organic vegetarian dinner.
7:30 Free Time After dinner, yogis are invited to relax in the Japanese-style communal rooms with tea or retreat to their rooms for an early evening.
Schedule Sunday July 29, 2018
7:15 Breakfast. A nourishing breakfast to prepare us for our morning practice. Coffee, tea, and juices available, as well as hot and cold vegetarian options and freshly baked bread.
9:30 - 11:30 Vinyasa Power Flow. Another strong morning session to power us for the rest of the day. This is our final practice so expect a strong, sweaty flow.
12:00 Departure. The retreat is officially over at this time but you are welcome to stay on the property to explore more of Green Gulch with a trip to the beach or the surrounding trails for a hike.
This is a two day retreat that is limited to 20 people for overnight stays. Pricing includes three yoga classes, meditation, lunch and dinner on Saturday, breakfast on Sunday, and parking. Payment is non-refundable, but transferable. For those who don't want to stay overnight, the option to book just the Saturday yoga session is also available.
Contact Sarah (at) firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
What to Bring:
yoga mat, towel, water bottle, shoes for walking to the beach, a change of yoga clothes for the afternoon session - we will sweat in the morning!
- Yoga mat
- Yoga clothes for three classes
- Yoga towel (if needed)
- Water bottle
- Slippers or warm socks for overnight guests (all shoes must be taken off when entering accommodations)
- Walking or hiking shoes for exploring the surrounding area
- Warm clothing in layers; the weather is often cool, even in summer
- Plain loose-fitting clothing in dark or neutral colors if you plan to visit the meditation hall
- A flashlight or headlamp for walking around at night
- A journal, pen, camera, or anything that helps you reflect
There is maximum of 20 participants at this retreat. Book ASAP to save your space!
All rooms at Green Gulch are simply yet comfortably furnished, with large windows opening onto landscaped grounds. Each pair of rooms shares a bathroom and there is a centrally located shower. A sauna with additional set of showers is available in a separate building. The guest house kitchen offers fresh baked bread and jams, as well as seasonal fruit, coffee and tea.
Getting to Green Gulch
Please consider carpooling with other retreat participants to Green Gulch. Driving directions are available online at maps.google.com. Cell phone service is spotty over the last few miles of Highway 1. If you are unfamiliar with the area, please print a map. It is approximately a 50-minute drive from the East Bay, and a little less from San Francisco.
- Take Highway 101 to the Highway 1/Stinson Beach exit.
- Turn left at the Arco station onto Highway 1 (Shoreline Highway).
- Follow the green signs for Highway 1/Stinson Beach.
- After 2.5 miles the road forks - bear left and down towards Muir Beach.
- Continue on for 2 miles. Make a sharp left into the driveway at the large wooden "Zen Center/Green Gulch Farm/Wheelwright Center" sign. (If you find yourself at Muir Beach and the Pelican Inn, you've gone too far. Turn around and go back up the hill. We're on the right, about 1/2 mile up.)
For more information about Green Gulch Zen Center and other programs available there, please visit their website.