Yoga & Meditation Retreat
Green Gulch Farm Zen Center - Muir Beach, California
February 11 (one-day) and July 28-29 (two-day), 2018
9:30 - 11:30 Vinyasa Power Flow. The morning session will be a strong and sweaty flow in typical Pradeep style (unlikely that it will end promptly at 11:30)
12:15 - 3:30 Lunch and Free Time. We will join the greater Green Gulch community for a delicious organic and vegetarian lunch. Green Gulch is famous for its fresh breads, baked in the Tassajara Bakery tradition, and you will have the opportunity to order loaves to take home.
After lunch, you will have time to stroll down to the beach, hike the headlands, or enjoy the onsite working farm and lush gardens. For those of you green-thumbed yogis among us, there is also a nursery selling plants and seedlings if you are interested. Muir Beach is an easy 15-20 minute walk along a flat dirt path. Be sure to bring a blanket and sunhat, or sweaters, depending on the weather and potential coastal fog.
3:30 - 5:30 Steady Flow. Our afternoon session will be a somewhat gentler vinyasa, and we will close our day with a short meditation and chanting.
What to bring: yoga mat, towel, water bottle, shoes for walking to the beach, a change of yoga clothes for the afternoon session - we will sweat in the morning!
One-day Price: $130 per person. Includes lunch and parking.
Due to the intimate space, this retreat is strictly limited to 30 participants, and it will fill on a first come, first served basis. The payment is nonrefundable, but transferable.
Getting to Green Gulch
Please consider carpooling with other retreat participants to Green Gulch. Driving directions are available online at maps.google.com. Cell phone service is spotty over the last few miles of Highway 1. If you are unfamiliar with the area, please print a map. It is approximately a 50-minute drive from the East Bay, and a little less from San Francisco.
- Take Highway 101 to the Highway 1/Stinson Beach exit.
- Turn left at the Arco station onto Highway 1 (Shoreline Highway).
- Follow the green signs for Highway 1/Stinson Beach.
- After 2.5 miles the road forks - bear left and down towards Muir Beach.
- Continue on for 2 miles. Make a sharp left into the driveway at the large wooden "Zen Center/Green Gulch Farm/Wheelwright Center" sign. (If you find yourself at Muir Beach and the Pelican Inn, you've gone too far. Turn around and go back up the hill. We're on the right, about 1/2 mile up.)
For more information about Green Gulch Zen Center and other programs available there, please visit their website.